Submit an Event
- Sign up to run an Event at Geekway!
- Geekway will provide room for your event
- Attendee-run events will have signup sheets at the convention
- Geekway run events will have EventBrite Signups
Do you want to run an event at Geekway? We can help. Submit your event via the form below. If it is approved, we'll give you space and put you on the schedule!
Event submissions open now!Submit an Event
Event SignupsReserve your Spot!
If you have an idea for a fun “Geekway Event,” this is your stop!
A Geekway Event is anything that is scheduled and organized to involve multiple plays of the same game in an organized fashion, or a single game that involves a large group and needs a specialized layout or space. Some examples of events are:
– A multi-round tournament of your favorite game with a prize for the winner, like a single elimination Catan tournament for 16 people
– A game that requires a big open space, like Two Rooms and a Boom or Werewolf
– Giant versions of normal games, like Giant King of Tokyo
– Things that just don’t fit into normal categories, like a gameshow format event
Over the years we’ve learned that some things might seem like events, but really aren’t for our purposes. Here are some examples:
– Publisher demos (we have a vendor space for that, and publishers have access to a special demo area)
– Regular games that just take big tables (like Twilight Imperium – just find some players and play it at Geekway on one of the big round tables)
– Seminars and panel discussions, movie screenings (Outside our core area of interest)
– Games with limited audiences (use something like Slack to find interested players and just play it)
– Demos of your prototype (just set it up and play like a normal game, or buy a vendor booth if you want or need more organization)
So if you think you have a good event idea, here’s the process:
1. Use the Event Submission button at the top of this page (or just click here) to tell all about your event.
2. We will get all the events together and assign space and time by April 1.
a. Note that we have several rooms for events. Room 101 has eight tables (five people
each) and Rooms 102 and 103 have six tables (five people each). We have several “board room” type settings in the hotel that would be great for 1-2 games to be played at once. There is also space in the hotel for some larger events, but it is limited. Plan your needs accordingly.
b. We will do our best to satisfy everyone’s needs for preferred times
3. We will publish a master schedule and put it on the web site and also physically in the venue
4. You will handle signups – we will have a bulletin board where you can hang up signup sheets, which you can post at any time once the convention starts. You can also do signups online in any manner you choose, but we would ask that you leave a few spots open for people to sign up at Geekway (or else we get a lot of complaints).
5. Show up at your scheduled time and run your event!
If you think you’ve got some kind of crazy good idea for an event that just doesn’t really fit into these
parameters – like an Escape Room, or live action Captain Sonar with VR subs, or a live TV filming of The
Price is Right – let us know by emailing us at email@example.com